Can Osmocote be used to prolong the life of cut flowers?
Osmocote is not recommended for cut flowers. It is a slow release product that
works with the plants root system. The life of cut flowers can be extended
, however, by a combination of the following actions:
1) clean the container daily but do not use soap or detergent,
2) re-cut the stems (they may become clogged),
3) replace the water with fresh,
4) store cut flowers in a cool place during the night,
5) display cut flowers away from heat during the day (that is, avoid windows, TV's and other electronic devices, radiators, kitchen stove, etc.).
Discover everything you've wanted to know about our products in our Frequently Asked Questions.View frequently asked questions.